Welcome from the Principal
I am privileged and honoured to welcome you to Painsley Catholic College. At Painsley we live the mission statement of our school: ‘In our College we value and respect every person as a child of God, as we grow together in faith, knowledge, understanding and love to serve the community.’ Our mission is summarised in the motto ‘Know Yourself’. As part of this process, we guide and encourage all student to achieve academic excellence and ensure their God-given gifts and talents flourish through a rich tapestry of extra-curricular and enrichment opportunities.
Painsley Catholic College is first and foremost a Catholic school and our vocation is to guide all those entrusted to us to a life rooted in the Gospel values and to recognise all as children of God, made in his image and likeness. Education is a unique opportunity to create beauty and truth in all those we encounter and a foundation to enable our students to work in the world and prepare for their future vocations.
Mrs R A Waugh, BA (Hons), PGCE
You are warmly invited to visit Staffordshire and Stoke-on-Trent’s Number 1 school (2017 Real Schools Guide). You will meet the Principal, staff, students and take a tour of the College to see our excellent facilities, including our recent £1 million teaching block, in action.
Painsley Catholic College offers:
• Outstanding 2017 GCSE results – 90% of students achieved the new standard pass in English and 88% in maths.
• A Christian community with a caring, secure and disciplined environment.
• Consistently outstanding academic results
• A wide range of extra-curricular activities.
• High standards in Sport, Music and Drama.
• An outstanding Sixth Form.
• Painsley has the honour of being a Teaching School, which is a prestigious recognition of the outstanding education provided at the College.
• Painsley is one of only 35 schools in the whole country to be awarded Maths Hub status. This is in recognition of our excellence in Maths.
JOIN THE ALLIANCE
Painsley Catholic College was designated as a national Teaching School in March 2014 by the National College for Teaching and Leadership.
This status recognises our strong track record of working collaboratively to support the development of other schools, as well as the outstanding practice within the school itself.
Dear Lord, We thank you for the gift of today and for all that you have prepared for us. Help us to ‘Know Ourselves’ so that we can truly serve you. Let our hands be the hands of Jesus by helping those we meet; let our words be the words of Jesus by speaking with truth and justice; let our hearts be like the heart of Jesus always willing to forgive and find mercy. We pray that today we can fulfil the potential you gave us and we trust that you will walk by our sides as we grow in faith, knowledge and understanding. Amen