Report an Incident of Bullying
What do I do if I’m being bullied?
- Inform your Emmaus Tutor: Arguments between friends can easily be sorted by your Emmaus tutor.
- Inform your Pastoral Lead: Pastoral Leads are experienced members of staff who have a great deal of knowledge about dealing with bullying.
- Inform a member of Senior Team: They will always try to make themselves available at lunch and break times.
- Inform one of your teachers: If you find it easier to talk to another teacher then do this.
- Inform your parents: If you tell your parents then they should contact school to talk to your Pastoral Lead.
What is bullying?
- Anything which could cause physical harm
- Physical threats
- Use of aggressive and rude language
- Making unflattering remarks
- Not speak to another member of the class or encouraging others to do the same
- Spreading gossip about another pupil
- Having possessions taken or destroyed
- Being subject to extortion
- Intimidating behaviour
- Ridicule by phone/text messaging/use of internet