1) To support the Healthy Schools programme.
2) To ensure we provide / work towards guided hours.
3) To challenge pupils through Key Stage 3 – 5 to reach their full potential on a number of levels: – physically – socially – cognitively – emotionally -morally
4) To encourage the enjoyment of physical activity through safe practice.
5) To develop skills and techniques in a range of physical activities through quality teaching, high levels of learning and continuous assessment.
6) To provide competitive opportunities for both teams and individuals and promote desirable attitudes to success and failure.
7) To offer both sporting excellence and mass participation in extra curricular activities.
8) To develop and promote the links between school PE and the wider community to enable lifelong involvement in physical activity.
9) To develop and enhance links in PE from all other curriculum subjects, especially ICT, Literacy and Numeracy
10) To promote spiritual life through the mission statement, sportsmanship, caring and respecting for others through sport.
11) To provide the opportunity for all pupils to be healthy, stay safe, enjoy, achieve, contribute to the community and strive to achieve economic well-being.
12) To support the PSHE / Citizenship curriculum – supporting pastoral teams deliver and plan for events
These aims are principally achieved through the PE department and compliment their departmental aims.
Physical Education Staff
Mrs L Wright (Head of Department)
Mr Adam Alcock
Mrs L Kettrick
Mr G Mayer
Miss R Moore