You would like to go to University but are not sure that the A level route suits you; the Diploma course is an equivalent to two GCE A Levels and the top Distinction grade is accepted at some of the Russell Group Universities.
You should study BTEC Business if:
- You prefer a more practical way of learning
- You have an interest in running your own business
- You are prepared to take guidance to become independent and active learners
In year 1 you will study:
- Exploring Business—this is an internally assessed unit that is coursework.
- It investigates the structures of two contrasting business and how this contributes to their success. It also investigates how the external environment effect businesses.
- Recruitment and Selection—this is an internally assessed unit that is coursework. This looks at the documentation needed in the recruitment and selection process and role plays interviewing techniques.
- Marketing Campaign—this is an externally assessed unit that is a set task. This looks at successful marketing campaigns and how they are developed.
- Personal and Business Finance—This is an externally assessed unit in the form of an exam. This looks at the different aspects of finance in terms of mortgages and savings accounts as well as accounting within a business.
In year 2 you will study:
- Managing an event—this is an internally assessed unit that is coursework based. Students look at how events are planned and the issues that need to be considered such as health and safety.
- International Business—this is an internally assessed unit that is coursework. This looks at how businesses have adapted due to globalisation.
- Principles of business—this is an externally assessed unit that is a set task. This unit looks at the management styles and differing cultures within businesses.
- Team Building—this is an internally assessed unit that is coursework . This unit looks at different roles within a team and how to build a successful cohesive team.
Mr Bradbury, Miss Smyth and Mrs Williams
Business society on Wednesday enrichment, trips linked to exam topics which change every year